Hey my name is Marcus, I’m a Strength & Conditioning Coach from the Gold Coast, Australia. As of 2020 I’ve been coaching others for 13 years. Like the majority of people in my profession, I come from a serious sporting back ground. Sport was my school. It’s where I learned how to work hard and that I’m responsible for what i achieve.
We all get told who ever works the hardest comes out on top.
I was one of the lucky ones who got taught that working hard is the bare ass minimum to doing well.
It’s just the foundation.
It’s focus, attention to detail, planning ahead, being adaptable and managing self talk that dictates who comes out on top from those who dont.
I was fortunate to learn these lessons young. I applied them to my own sporting career and it served me well. As I made the transition from athlete to coach it made sense to apply the same concepts. Which I did, except this time I was on my own.
So I decided to spent some time in the trenches learning what was important. Then I worked out who was the best in each particular area. Next I sought them out to learn as much as possible from them. In my opinion, picking your mentors and who you learn from Is one of the most important things in life. Fortunately I had been taught the attention to detail that helped work out who’s all talk and who can walk the walk.
Then it became time to work hard. Over the course of 5-6 years I did every course I could. I made more trips through out Australia than I can remember on top of 3 trips to the U.S. It was a big ask and it required a lot but it what you got to do to be able to walk the walk.
It was during that time, Kortney and my paths crossed.
It’s been a wild ride to say the least but she’s always been one of my biggest supporters and she’s always believed in me.
We’ve developed a great friendship and working relationship with one another.
There are few people I’d rather have on my team than Kortney and I’ve got nothing but hope for our future.
Charles Poliquin & The Poliquin Group
- Poliquin International Certification Program Level 1 – Regional Level Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Poliquin International Certification Program Level 2 – State Level Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Poliquin International Certification Program Level 3 – National Level Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Poliquin International Certification Program Level 4 – International Level Strength and Conditioning Coach
- Foundations of program design (online course)
- Fundamentals of designing relative strength programs (online course)
- Developing explosive strength using Plyometrics (online course)
- Biosignature Modulation Level 1 – Supporting Hormonal Imbalances and Metabolic Performance issues
- Biosignature Modulation Level 2 – Supporting Hormonal Imbalances and Metabolic Performance issues
- Biosignature Modulation Continuing Education – Gut Health and its importance in Optimising Metabolic Performance
- Biosignature Modulation Continuing Education – Effects of stress on sleep
- Biosignature Modulation Continuing Education – Lab Assessments for Metabolic Performance
- Performance Specialist Mentorship – Level 1 – introduction to human performance: Mindset, Nutrition, Movement, and Recovery
- Performance Specialist Mentorship – Level 2 – advanced theory and methods concerning movement skills, strength, and Energy Systems Development
- Performance Specialist Mentorship – Level 3 – management & performance systems, athletic profiling, coaching & performance culture science
The Australian Weightlifting Federation
- Olympic Lifting & Sports Power Coach Level 1 – Club Level Coach, Understanding the Olympic lifts
- Olympic Lifting & Sports Power Coach Level 2 – State Level Coach, Biomechanics, Video Analysis, Fault Detection and Correction, Advanced Training Methodology
- Sports Power Coach Level 3 – National Level Coach, Advanced Strength & power principles , Youth athletic development and Advanced coaching skills
Dan Baker & The Australian Strength & Conditioning Association
- Theory & Practice of how to use bands & chains
- Long-term athletic development for field sport athletes.
- An alternate method to monitor resistance training stress with Sophia Nimbus
- Olympic Weightlifting workshop with Lyn Jones
- Speed mechanics to maximise athlete efficiency with Ranell Hobson of the ASSA
Stephane Cazeualt & Kilo Strength Society
- Advanced program design – Advanced program design and periodization
- 1 day private internship
Postural Restoration Institute
- Myokinematic Restoration – An integrated approach to treatment of patterned Lumbo – Pelvic – Femoral pathomechanics
- Postural Respiration – an integrated approach to treatment of patterned Thoraco-Abdominal pathomechanics
- Pelvic Restoration – An integrated approach to treatment of patterned Pubo-Sacral pathomechanics
- Impingement & Instability – A Unique Approach to the Treatment of Common Impingement and Instability Through PRI Reference Center Integration
- Cervical Revolution – An Integrated Approach to the Treatment of Patterned Cervical Pathomechanics
- Postural Visual Integration – A Neurological Intervention for Embedded Postural Patterns
- Advanced Integration – A Comprehensive Overview of PRI Science Integrated in an Advanced Manner
Active Release Techniques
- Lower Extremities – Soft Tissue and Peripheral Nerve Entrapment Management of the lower body
- Spine – Soft Tissue and Peripheral Nerve Entrapment Management of the Spine
- Upper Extremities – Soft Tissue and Peripheral Nerve Entrapment Management of the upper body
- Corrective Movement System Level 1 – Muscle testing, Assessment and treatment of muscle imbalances and movement dysfunctions
- Corrective Movement System Level 2 – Muscle testing, Assessment and treatment of muscle imbalances and movement dysfunctions
- Corrective Movement System Level 3 – Muscle testing, Assessment and treatment of muscle imbalances and movement dysfunctions
Functional Movement Systems
- FMS Level 1 – Movement pattern screening and assessment
- FMS Level 2 – Corrective exercise algorithms and programming
The Human Performance Centre
- Advanced Nutrition – Nutrition fundamentals and application
- Personal Trainer & Gym Instructor (AIF)
- Strength Coach (PICP)
- Olympic Lifting & Sports Power Coach (AWF)
- Performance Specialist (EXOS)
- Functional Movement Specialist (FMS)
- Active Release Techniques Practitioner (ART)
- Neuro Kinetic Therapist (NKT)
- Biosignature Modulation Practitioner (PG)
- Postural Restoration Institute Practitioner (PRI)